Attendance and participation at all (6) course sessions required for certification.
Pre-Registration and Pre-Payment are REQUIRED for ALL classes. Once someone is registered, there are NO REFUNDS!
Fee includes book & CPR pocket mask, as well as two-year certification in Lifeguarding. Upon successful completion of CPR/AED/FIRST AID, Instructor Led course and written exam, candidates will receive Lifeguard Certification for facilities with traditional pools.
Minimum Enrollment: 3 participants, Maximum Enrollment: 10
To be eligible for the lifeguard-training course you MUST be able to meet prerequisite requirements as they're stated to participate in the course:
* Minimum age of 15 on or before final session.
* Swim 300 yards continuously.
* Tread Water for 2 minutes using legs only.
* Starting in the water, swim 20 yards using front crawl or breaststroke, surface dive 7-10 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object, return to the surface, swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object and exit the water without using a ladder or steps, within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
* Understand the value of behaving in a professional manner.
* Learn how to identify behaviors of a swimmer, distressed swimmer and an active or passive drowning victim.
* Understand the components of an emergency action plan and how to activate it.
* Understand the general procedures for an emergency occurring in the water or on land.
* Learn how to provide first aid and how to care for breathing and cardiac emergencies.
* Learn how to recognize and care for possible head, neck or back injuries Complete two skill scenarios, written exams and exhibit a professional attitude.